We are over half way through our 8 week Shake it off for Summer challenge, by now you should be feeling great! Not long to go so keep giving it 100%. If you haven’t already, there is still time to register for MyMarathon with the Heart foundation you can discuss it with your consultant.
If you are looking for something delicious to try for dinner, why not give this recipe a go?
Thai Beef Salad (Suitable from step 3)
Serves 4 (approx. 400kcal)
• 400 g sirloin steak, rump or fillet
• 6 lettuce leaves shredded
• 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
• 1 small cucumber slices
• 1 red onion thinly sliced
• 2 Radishes thinly sliced
• 8 mint leaves
• ½ cup of coriander
• 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
• ½ cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
• ¾ cup basil
• 2 tbsp salt reduced fish sauce
• 3 tbsp lime juice and zest about 2 limes
• Drizzle of oil
• 3 drops stevia or 1/2 tsp low-carb sweetener (OPTIONAL)
1. Mix together the lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, oil and sweetener if using.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush the steaks with some oil.
3. Pan fry (or grill) on each side for a few minutes until cooked through to your liking.
4. Set aside to rest for a few minutes and then slice thinly.
5. Place the salad ingredients and the sliced beef in a large bowl and pour over the dressing.
6. Toss the salad and serve.